Friday, 15 November 2013

Romance Script Analysis




Before starting the process of filming our opening we felt that analysing the 'Runaway Bride' script as it took part in the romance genre would be helpful when creating our own. It put to practise the terminology that we had learnt in lesson which would help when constructing our script, meaning that we would put terminology in the correct place and it would make sense. By looking at 'Runaway Bride' it helped us also understand the conventions of a romance film and some of the elements that we could possibly reflect and put it into our own.From looking at and analyzing this script I have learnt how to correctly write a script particularly for a romance film. I have noticed the dialogue stays between a small about of the cast, usually 2 main cast members. I have also seen that the ratio of speech to action is usually more speech, a few lines of speech to one line of direction/action. There is only few transitions or description of the speech I think this is because they try to keep romance genre as realistic as possible so people can being to relate to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment